Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dr's,Dentists and other stuff!

This was a busy week for us Owen had CP Clinic on Weds. we have increased the risperdal to hopefully help him sleep. I dont know how that will work really, I asked about other meds to help with biting but none were offered~I feel like we have slipped thru the cracks as far as Owen goes. I know the drs cant know everything but I wish they were more helpful. We did get good news as far as a gait trainer, Dr. K said that the school needs to work with him a couple wks and see how he does,write a recommendation and then we can start pursuing one! WOOHOO thats such great news!

Thursday all three kids had to go to the dentist,they dont have cavities thank goodness! Owen have calculus on his teeth from being gtube fed which has helped prevent cavities,he has however been grinding his teeth so much that they are wearing down. If we notice that his teeth are giving him pain (not sure how we will tell because he cant tell us) we will have to go to the hospital so he can be sedated and have them worked on. SO far tho I think he is ok.

Ethan gave me quite a scare yesterday I admit I panicked and took him to the E.R. I felt kind of silly but with Owen's heart problems etc I thought it was best he be seen. He came home frome school and wasnt acting right,said that his chest hurt then his arm hurt and finally his tummy hurt....so off to the ER we went I had Alex stay with Owen until my sister could come and help with Owen he is difficult sometimes (who knew? lol) anyway they did xray and thankfully he was just full of stool I know I know silly but all sorts of scenarios were going thru my mind and none good I might add! He was back to his normal self last night.

I called and ordered O's monthly supplies from Apria and was told that his insurance would pay for formula....WOW I had no clue that will surely help alot. Rainbows' is a birth to three program here in Wichita that Owen used to attend until August of this yr (he had to switch to a new school) ANYWAY we still have case management thru them and evidently every yr the case mgrs submit families to receive Christmas gifts etc....WELL S called me yesterday and told me we got approved!!!! Im not sure what all they do exactly but wow I was soooo excited to find that out. Evidently all the families she submitted got picked what a nice surprise!

I got a phone call the other day from a lady from the angel tree, it is a prison ministry thing anyway they are going to be getting something for Alex for Christmas this yr, evidently her bio father asked again this yr. to get her something from him....he asked last yr and they forgot about her.

OHHH yes for those interested I found shoes for Owie! I went back to payless and found some hiking boots that done come off with the braces! One last thing, pls check out my friend Norma's blog she also has a special needs son!

Best,
Kirsten

1 comment:

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Hi Kirsten! Glad Owen's formula will be paid for. It helped so much when Preston had to be tube fed.
Hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Norma